Breaking News: Mining Pool for PascalCoin (PASC) Is Now Available! more details below..
If you’ve been following the latest news about PascalCoin, you surely know that this once unpopular altcoin is now becoming quite popular among miners. Countless people have been looking for ways to mine it. The reason is simple – PascalCoin allows you to mine solo blocks without any historical records, while also providing you with control on double spending and check balance.
Some days ago the altcoin got implemented into the Poloniex exchange, which made it one of the most lucrative coins to mine.
Now, many people would avoid mining it because solo mining requires a powerful GPU rig. There was no pool mining support for the PascalCoin until today, when Nanopool released the first public PASC pool.
What i will cover in this tutorial:
- PascalCoin (PASC) Pool Mining Tutorial
- PascalCoin (PASC) Solo Mining Tutorial
- How to solo mine PascalCoin with AMD Radeon GPU
- How to solo mine PascalCoin with nVidia GPU
1. PascalCoin (PASC) Pool Mining on Windows Tutorial
What Are the Benefits?What Are the Requirements?What Are the Rules?
- Obviously, the main benefit is that you will earn no matter how small your mining rig is.
- You don’t have to own a PascalCoin account to get started. Otherwise, you’d have to find a block first in order to get an account in the first place.
- If you don’t have a PascalCoin account, you can mine the coins to your exchanger account. For instance, you can register an account at Poloniex and trade the mined coins without any additional transactions. In fact, all top PASC miners use their Poloniex accounts for that. This allows them to find the best trade deals easier, and sell their PASC coins at the best prices. This is a good strategy to keep in mind since it allows you to profit not only from your hashrate, but also from trading the coins at the right time.
- First of all, you have to have a modified miner. We’ve provided the direct download link below.
- You will need a 64 bit Windows operative system – sadly enough, the new miner isn’t compatible with any other systems for now. But hey, it was only released today, so expect OS compatibility upgrades soon!
- It is recommended to have a GPU-based mining rig, since PascalCoin mining isn’t really effective when using CPU.
- You will be given an exchange address, which you have to use together with your personal payment ID. It is important to get those two right if you want to get your payments without any hassle.
Pool mining differs from the solo mining you might be already using for PASC. For instance, the confirmation of block reward happens after 110 mined blocks, with the minimum payout being 1 PASC. The payout is based on the well-known PPLNS scheme – N is determined by the submitted shares from the last three hours.
We’ve mentioned that you can make a lot of profit by selling the coins at Poloniex. This is due to constant price fluctuations, which is something that might or might not stay for a while. So you should keep that in mind too – it might be a good idea to get started as soon as possible, before the boom is over. Not that PascalCoin will die in a week, but it is possible that now is the time you can make the most money from your PASC coins.
How to Get Started to Mine Pascal Coin on a Pool?
Before to start you need to know the following details:
- To pool mine PascalCoin you will need at least Windows 7 x64 or greater
- Pool fee is 2%
- Payout commission 0.0001 Pasc
- Minimum payout is 5 Pasc (it can be changed by contacting nanopool staff
- Share difficulty is static and equal to 10 Billions
1 Create an account with Poloniex.com if you don’t have one (having an account there is not mandatory, you can also use the official PascalCoin wallet, read bellow)
- Once logged in go to “Balances” then “Deposits & Withdrawals“
- Type “pasc” in the search bar to quickly access Pascal Coin and click on “Deposit” link
- Then click on “Show me the Deposit Address” link to display wallet address
- Leave that page open
You can receive the mined coins directly to your wallet if you don’t want to use an exchange website
2 Now let’s download the miner
3 We have everything ready, let’s configure the miner we just downloaded
- Extract the files from archive
- Right click on “start.bat” and click on “Edit“
- You will see the file is already configured, all you have to add is the deposit key, payload address,worker name from Poloniex account and email address
- So the code will look like this: pascalcoinminer.exe -s pasc-eu1.nanopool.org:15555 -p 0 -d 0,1,2,3,4,5 -n 86646-64.f072910e26145115.1stMiningRigemail@example.com
- Mining directly to your wallet code: pascalcoinminer.exe -s pasc-eu1.nanopool.org:15555 -p 0 -d 0,1,2,3,4,5 -n 123456.0.1stMiningRigfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Save the file and close it
- Run the file “start.bat“
To check the mining progress go to nanopool and on top right of the page you will find a search form, there you will have to enter your wallet id and click search.
Read more about the miner commands here
PascalCoin mining is slightly more power-demanding that Zcash or Ethereum mining. Make sure to keep that in mind when doing your calculations
CryptoCompare is our favorite website to check current PASC-USD exchange rates and hence calculate profitability. It is one of the most accurate calculators out there, however keep in mind that due to the constant PASC price variations, it’s advisable to keep a constant eye on the current price. This way, you can see when PASC mining is no longer profitable and stop doing it before you lose money. Check it hour here: https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/pasc
That’s it, please feel free to ask any questions about the topic!
2. AMD GPU PascalCoin (PASC) Solo Mining on Windows Tutorial
– We use the PascalCoinMiner latest release (v0.2) – you can find the direct download link in the description. You will also need a working wallet (we will provide you with the download link as well). All you have to do is download both files and write down the wallet IP.
1 First of all download the files, here are the links:
2 Install the wallet you just downloaded and follow this steps
- Click on “Project” and then “Private keys“
- You will have to generate a new key, so click on “Generate a new key” button
- On popup you will have to add a “Name” to your new key so go ahead and give it a name you want and as “Key Type” check the first one “secp256k1“
- Then again click on “Project” and this time go to “Options“, check “Always mine with this key” and select the key you just generated
Now the wallet is set and ready to go..
3 Next thing to do is to extract the PascalCoin Miner v.02 archive
4 Inside the folder create a “New text document”
- Open the “New text document” file you just created and paste the following code: PascalCoinMiner.exe -s localhost:4009 -p 0 -d 0 -n 1stMiningRig , if you have more than one GPU you should change -d 0 with -d 0,1 if you have 2 GPUs, for 3 -d 0,1,2 etc.. (replace 1stMiningRig with your miner name/wallet”, save the file and close it
- Then rename the file from .txt to .bat
- Now start the .bat file and the cmd window will popup with mining informations
- if cmd close right after start open the .bat file and add a new line and type “pause”, save it and close
- -s localhost is enough if you have only one mining rig. Otherwise, you might want to create a local network for all your active rigs. Then, you will use the local network IP for your wallet.
- –p command parameter. As most users report, 0 is the parameter you will be using in most of the cases
- –d parameter to assign the desired GPU cards to work
Finally, use the Here’s how the parameter command line should look like:
As you could notice, we got one mining rig (-s localhost) with six GPU’s (-d 0,1,2,3,4,5). You get the idea.
3. nVidia GPU PascalCoin (PASC) Solo Mining on Windows Tutorial
1 Make sure you have downloaded and isntalled the wallet, follow the instructions from “AMD RADEON” tutorial
2 Now that you have the wallet ready, download the miner
3 Extract the files from archive and start the “PascalProxyv2.jar” file
- In CMD you will see the message “Please enter the desired host…“, type the following ip: 127.0.0.1
- The it will show “Please enter the desired port…” which is: 4009
- “Please enter the numbers of GPUs to support…” , since i have one i will add: 1
- Then “Please enter the miner name prefix…” is the one you created afters installed the wallet, in my case is: 1stMiningRig
- Minimize the window leave it there
4 Inside the archive create a “New text document” and open it
- add the following code in document: PascalCoinCUDA_ProxyMiner_sm52.exe d0 p0 i23 c50
- rename the file to what you want and change the file extension from .txt to .bat
- start the .bat file and the miner will begin
That’s it! Go Straight Into Action
Best of the luck! Please keep us updated about your progress; we really look forward hearing from you!
Thank you for reading. As always, your comments, suggestions and questions are welcome.
Subscribe and stay tuned for further updates!